8.13.2014

Three months later...

It's been a month since my last post, and I wish I could say we were finished. ACK! Alas, everything has been moving at a snail's pace. Now that school is back in session, it's moving even slower. It still feels like we are months away from being finished. However, I'm hoping for a couple weeks.

We picked up our hardwood floors on Sunday. LOVE IT! I'll post a picture soon. It's natural hand-scraped acacia. We definitely splurged, but it just caught both our eyes and we had to have it. We hadn't splurged on anything yet, and we didn't need a whole lot, so why not? We're putting it down this weekend. I. Can't. Wait.

Our kitchen cabinets are still a work in progress. My paint color is working beautifully, though. It's called "seal skin" by Sherwin Williams and it looks so pretty against our wood and Wilson Putty walls (our Valspar paint color).

Pictures don't do it justice. It's a dark charcoal with a hint of brown. I can't wait to see the finished product. Our appliances have been ordered (stainless steel) and should be delivered in a couple weeks (insert sad face). Nothing we wanted was in stock. Oh, well. I saved a fortune on them by biding my time, saving coupons and watching for sales. I can wait.

As soon as we're in, we can start on the basement. It's just sitting there, waiting for the sheetrock. We've decided to postpone the exterior renovations and landscaping until next spring/summer. We need to rest and find our sanity. We lost that about a month ago. I just hope it's recoverable. LOL

 photo e54c9d56-967e-44e0-b1c3-759de8c42080_zps3ff14616.png



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Caked Designs